Tuesday, March 27, 2012

L.A.L #1- The Root Restaurant and Bar

Hello and Welcome to Spring 2012!!! We have had some of the most beautiful weather for Michigan which definitely lightens the moods of many including myself! In taking my own advice about living a little, making the happy times last and being more active I started a series called "Live A Little". Well the L.A.L series begin its journey in the culinary world; I, like many of you 20-Somethings, love to cook and just as many love to eat. It just so happens that the beginning of this series fell in the same week as my supervisors' going away luncheon... what luck!

The Root Restaurant and Bar in White Lake, MI

 

 It was so peaceful and calm inside opposed to the busy parking lot and shopping complex its located near. This restaurant specializes in all things Michigan; MI grass feed beef, MI grown shrimp, etc.
 
Me being happy (So not a good pic) lol

Beautiful Place for anytime of Day!






















And the portion sizes were out of this world! Luckily I skipped breakfast that morning so that I could really partake and enjoy the entire experience  (Greedy Comment lol) Having to wait about 30 minutes for my appetizer to come and then an additional 30 minutes for my meal was well worth it when I seen the presentation! 

  

Crab Cakes .... So Pretty and Tasty!


Could Not Finish this, but def tried! lol




















Needless to say my entire team enjoyed themselves... with great atmosphere, great food and great jokes (Yea IT Techs have the best sense of humor cause we're all smart asses lol) how could we not! It's definitely sad to see my supervisor leave but we gave him a gift card to Nordstroms and made sure the amount was something he could play with lol
I wasn't trying to necessarily critique the restaurant but I guess in sharing my experience with you guys, I did a 2 for 1! My friends all laugh because up until recently I have been a very regimented person, so when I introduced the concept of  L.A.L to them, some of them twisted their heads sideways and laughed like "Yea, I'll believe when I see it!" well SHOW AND PROVE BUDDY! As I always say, life is about growth and change... its the only way to become a better version of ourselves. I encourage you my dear 20-Somethings to step outside the box and try something new.... you know Live a Little ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment